Battlefield 3 and punkbuster

So tonight, the first time of playing Battlefield 3 on my Windows 8 machine. I was getting punkbusted within 3 minutes of playing a game. I tried updating punkbuster using that didn’t work. I tried disabling Avast, that didn’t work. I even went into the game install folder and tried pbsvc.exe which reinstalled punkbuster again for me. This didn’t work but it did give me a clue.

Apparently pnkBstrB service wasn’t communicating properly. So I checked in my services.msc and PnkBstrB service was not running. As soon as I started the service again I had no Punkbuster problems.

I hope this helps someone else.