This was a good start. Now I have created my WordPress site I wanted to ensure I could post to it directly from word. I stumbled at the first hurdle. Here are instructions.
- Click File -> New and select Blog Post. Then click Create.
- Once the blank blog post has loaded, on the ribbon menu bar select Manage Accounts.
- Click New and select WordPress as your Blog provider. Click Next.
- Here is the bit I stumbled on. When it asks for the URL of your blog DO NOT remove xmlrpc.php from the end. Enter your username and password, select remember password, and click OK. The Picture Options bit should be set up as “My Blog Provider”.
- Type out you blog, give it categories, and click Publish!